Most Businesses are over-burdened and lagging with operational activities, keeping their teams occupied in the everyday operations – which may be urgent but not necessarily important. This is where Business Enablement Service (BES) framework comes into the picture. It’s not just about finding the solutions to a business problem but enabling organizations to roll out the strategic transformation by optimizing processes, data analysis, technology adoption & integration, and people management.
Working across the space of data, people, technology, and process, BES helps businesses align with their strategic goals. Industries from pharma, retail, and e-commerce to manufacturing can benefit from BES in strategically transforming their day-to-day business operations. With cross-domain expertise and technology-enabled services, DefineRight (DR) is supporting organizations in their strategic transformation projects by handling several business enablement challenges. The team at DR helps businesses find a sustainable solution in the way of strategic change and help implement them across systems or departments.
Business Enablement as a Digital Transformational Tool
The term ‘enablement’ in a business context refers to empowering organizations and, more importantly, the business functions within those organizations in implementing the changes for growth in productivity and efficiency. It can be a framework or system to adopt new technologies, optimize processes, reduce manual tasks, and onboard skilled executives to achieve a business goal. While maintaining a balance between empowerment and security, business enablement solutions help overcome the bottlenecks for additional time and effort hours of the core team dedicated to the company’s growth objectives.
Big and Complex Data
These days, data is the most significant and competitive asset for any organization that leads to innovation and positioning. Data-backed decision-making brings numerous benefits ranging from an improved understanding of trends, customer buying behavior, and new growth opportunities to the increased efficiency of the operations team. BES partners with you to analyze this data using advanced technology to get insight and support in strategic decision-making. It aids the organization and project teams in effectively using the power of data and analytics to improve customer experience and business operations.
People Collaboration and Management
Business enablement is a cross-functional operation involving people from several groups such as internal and external stakeholders, sales, engineering, operations, etc. The BES framework helps identify the right skillsets and form the best possible collaborative team aligned to the goals and priorities of the projects. With peer-to-peer learning and cross-functional knowledge transfer systems, BES supports employees to deliver efficiently even during process change or new technology implementations.
Process Scale-up and Optimization
To increase the digital maturity within an organization, it is essential to constantly re-evaluate the existing practices and processes. In this context, processes pertaining to a roadblock in employee workflow, repetitive tasks, manual work, and un-audited activities must be eliminated with digitalization and automation.
For example, automating procurement in a manufacturing unit from supplier portals to vendor management systems saves employees from doing such tasks manually. Similarly, Supply chain automation helps decrease the delivery time of products to customers. In finance, automation of manual account receivables, payables, payroll, and reconciliation help in making positive change within an organization.
Enabling a new process in the system is a dynamic transition and requires expert involvement in observing the current process, analyzing, and finding the most effective and feasible way by automating some/whole process or integrating tools and technology.
Technology Integration or Adoption
BES assists in making use of advanced tools and technology to transform a business landscape. From elevating the customer experience, and marketing, to data management, technology is evolving and changing the business process and operations at each level. Businesses need an end-to-end technology strategy to cope with the rapidly evolving business contexts and the competitive scenarios.
How BES Supports Strategic Changes in Industries
Organizations across several domains are going through cut-throat competition and need to innovate and evolve their services and products to survive. Some industries where business enablement solutions support them to transform through strategic changes are pharma, retail, e-commerce, and production/manufacturing.
Pharma Companies Optimising Their R&D Operations with BES
Research & development is one of the significant focus areas of the pharma industry to give them a competitive edge. It needs a traditional approach transformation that helps reduce development costs, meet the medicines demand, and improve insight and decision making.
- The use of e-notebooks reduces the clutter in the laboratory and makes data capturing, storing, and sharing convenient. Advanced analytics improved decision-making.
- Patient and health care professional design thinking gets incorporated throughout the program, from trial design to execution, approval, and launch.
- Process redesign, cross-functionally and within R&D groups, improve speed and research insight. Robotic process automation improves the speed and reliability of repetitive tasks.
- AI and analytics tools increase the success rate through enhanced drug development.
BES Empowering Sales in the Retail Industry
Some challenges encountered in the retail industry lists information gaps, an insufficient database for lead generation, obsolete technology, poor marketing collateral, etc. Enabling sales helps the organization surpass several of these challenges.
- Analytics data on consumer spending helps understand differences in demand for the product across different geographies. Customer data helps predict buying patterns, transaction data helps personalize the customer experience, and social media and web browsing trends can forecast demand in retail.
- BES empowers the sales team to perform their job better. CRM tools with relevant dashboards, sales collaterals, etc., help the sales professionals with the requisite selling ammunition.
- Streamlining the content as per the organization’s needs and evaluating them helps measure the effectiveness of the sales process. Analytics helps optimize the sales cycle, customize the content, measure customer engagement, and amplify best practices.
- The application of cloud-based ERP helps record the inventory and analyze the customer buying behavior. Automation and tools like mobile clienteling, mobile POS system, AR, etc., improve customer engagement and sales strategy formulation.
Empowering Operations in E-Commerce
e-commerce is a volatile market, and to provide a better customer experience, the organizations need to empower their several operations such as sales, supply chain, pricing, etc. The organizations are strategically reviving their sales opportunities through digital transformation.
- They are referring CRMs data for strategic planning, social media platforms for customer engagement, and identifying customer behavioral patterns, marketing opportunities, and insights.
- Companies try to give a highly personalized experience by anticipating their needs. The customer service team supports improving chatbots & returns, creating FAQ pages, and others.
- Identify the process that requires automation or needs to be streamlined, such as Request for Quotation or Request for Proposal.
- Application of experience management tools, product information tools, commerce management tools, and order management tools improve customer experience and data silos.
Modifications in the Production/Manufacturing Process with BES
Manufacturing industries improve their production, marketing, and sales process to reduce cost and enhance efficiency. They are shifting from a hypothesis-driven to a data-driven approach for their marketing and sales.
- Evaluating existing marketing assets, sales process, and marketing funnel help identify the best channel to reach retailers and resellers in the industry.
- CRM workflow and automation save their sales team time from admin work and helps concentrate on their core areas.
- Integration of CRM and ERP modules supports internal collaboration and management best practices. Chatbot and engaging UX supports the sales team and customers.
Business Enablement Services from DefineRight
The marketplace keeps on changing for each business with a rise in consumer expectations. Therefore, it becomes crucial for organizations to evolve their functional strategies to sustain and grow. DefineRight provides Business Enablement Services across industries to strategically transform their projects by finding the best solution across the four spectrums, data, people, technology, and process. Spending significant time analyzing the problem, our BES experts define the problem scenarios and then develop a solution that might involve all four spectrums or just one, depending on the problem scenario.
The services DefineRight offers to enhance business operations include X-Ops and Automation, Business Analytics, Application Engineering, and Change Management. With a deep focus approach, domain expertise, and customized solutions, we help businesses succeed in this dynamic market, saving significant effort and money.